Pump not to be used with soft sided pools such as Intex or Coleman. Wait ….What?

Sand-D

Apr 30, 2015
Pearl River Louisiana
I have a large intex pool, 16x32x54 and the intex pump just isn’t sufficient for moving the water and keeping it clean even with the biggest pump intex makes. Someone gave me a 325 sq ft cartridge filter but I need to get a pump for it. When I started shopping around for a pump, at least 1.5 hp the description it says the pump is not for a soft sided pools like intex. Can anyone explain to me why the company says this.

Attachments

• FA073190-32EC-47F9-BD5D-664FEA7DC4B0.jpeg
    FA073190-32EC-47F9-BD5D-664FEA7DC4B0.jpeg
    180.9 KB · Views: 17
....When I started shopping around for a pump, at least 1.5 hp the description it says the pump is not for a soft sided pools like intex. Can anyone explain to me why the company says this.
I believe it is because you cannot ground the pump to the pool structure. and additionally most "storable" pool owners do not put a skimmer on soft-sided pools. The larger pumps need more water then can be provided by the small openings on standard (aka non-modified) soft-sided pools.

Reactions: Wobblerlorri
I am going with D, all of the above lol
After my research on getting a better pump/filter. The one big hang up I found, was the bonding and\or the grounding for intex pools.
Now I am sure most of us have done some "things" so the next part is at your own peril.
I figure I will just make sure the pump is unplugged before entry to the pool. I was hoping this was the year to run my 80 amp line to the shed, for my future hot tub, AND a circuit for the pool, that is nearby. Currently running 50' 10 gauge extension out there. But my work truck losing the motor and forcing me to outfit a new truck, took my time and effort.
With that said I added a 1.5 and a large (jandy 150 sqft) cartridge...was able to run the little penguin, and cleaned that pool right up. (its been a year lets just say that)

Reactions: NWMNMom
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.