Pump not starting

Bbates71

Sep 5, 2020
Salt Lake City, UT
So my first post, yay! And I really hope this is in the right section. I saw other posts about pumps so fingers crossed.

We’ve had our pool for two years now, and after two weeks of vacation wanted to use the pool.The pump wasn’t running while we were out because it’s been 100 degrees here and we didn’t want to risk it evaporation off and running the pump dry. After cleaning it all I went to pour in chlorine and turn the pump on but it doesn’t even attempt to turn.

yes, it is plugged in as the lights are on. I’ve checked and ran water out of all the lines via disconnect. The motor doesn’t even attempt to run water, nor can you hear or see any water moving through the unit.

any ideas?

Hi! And welcome to TFP. Sorry your first visit is under those circumstances. I can't help you with your pump, but I can help you help the ones that can. Filling in your signature with your pool's setup will help. (Something like my signature.) They'll need the pump brand and model. Do you have an automation controller? Or timer for your pump? Anything like that goes in your signature. And some pics of your pump and surrounding equipment pad might reveal an issue. Pics of the pump's control panel if it has one, or the lights you referred to, as well. Then the experts can dive in and sort you out.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.