Pump Not starting, No Sound, Believed Dead

Jun 17, 2016
Mandeville, LA
Hey Pool Fam. In the last several months have had capacitor go out and replaced twice (pump wouldn't start only hum). A month after the second replace, the pump now won't start, no sound, nothing. Reading through some prior discussions here, I took a crack at looking at the motor hoping it was just a pressure plate stuck or something. Pic attached. It looks bad to me, like what a burnt up motor would look like.

Can it be confirmed from the pic that the motor is DOA? If not, anything else to check?

If so, is it a fairly straightforward replacement for someone pretty handy? Any issues to consider? I have emailed a pool supply company for recommendations based on the specs.

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_9337.JPG
    IMG_9337.JPG
    432.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9294.JPG
    IMG_9294.JPG
    347.3 KB · Views: 12
Sounds like it is time to replace it.

I would suggest looking at a two speed or VS motor. You have a big electricity consumer there and with a SWCG you have to run it quite a bit.

They run on far less electricity and are much quieter.
Your 2.2 THP uses right at 2 kWh when running. A VS pump will use 1/8 th that amount of electricity and still run your SWCG and circulate the pool water sufficiently.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.