Pump not filling up and pool green

We accidently shut off one of the isolator valves (thought we were turning it on) for about a day before we knew the pool pump was only on four hours a day because we thought maybe that’s why it wasn’t getting warm. The next couple of days our pool was completely green and has been for a couple days. We also have a check flo light on our Auto Pilot.

If I’m reading this correctly, it sounds like you shut off the flow to your pump, but then allowed the pump to run with no flow for at least a day. If that’s the case then I suspect some damage may have been done to the pump during this time. The pump needs water flowing through it to lubricate and cool it and if it runs for an extended time with no water then it will be damaged.

If I’m reading this correctly, it sounds like you shut off the flow to your pump, but then allowed the pump to run with no flow for at least a day. If that’s the case then I suspect some damage may have been done to the pump during this time. The pump needs water flowing through it to lubricate and cool it and if it runs for an extended time with no water then it will be damaged.
Yep, you were right. Pump is running normally now, hopefully no damage.

Use this chart FC/CYA Levels to see how much chlorine to add each day to keep it from gettting any worse. Have you seen Pool Math yet? Here is the link to the app PoolMath if you are not an app sort of person look at the bottom of any page to see the web based Pool math. This will help you know how much to add. I would like you to get it to SLAM level. As you neighbor if they are on TFP.
Appreciate it! Yep, she told us to ask our question here!

Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.