Pump leaking water, time to upgrade to 2 speed need advice

The only thing that matters is that the new motor must have a THP and amp rating that is greater than or equal to the current motor. So a motor can be bigger than the impeller but not the other way around. You have to use your existing impeller with 2977, that is fine. If you got a bigger impeller, you would need to get a bigger motor. Ignore label HP. It is meaningless without service factor.

Actually, you need a THP of at least 1.86 and an amp rating of at least 7.8 amps (old motor ratings, check label). The B2977 exceeds these requirements so it will work fine with your pump. Why does he need to know this? Just get the B2977. He obviously doesn't know how to size a motor properly.

so, after telling him that I needed the THP to be 1.95 and everything, he wrote this back, "I showed your concerns to our factory manager and he confirmed what you ordered is correct. Our amp rating is greater than your old one which means the motor will run easier and more efficient. Keep order the way it is."

How do I get the point across and make sure that I have the right thing??? I can't post the invoice but it says this, 1HP, 2.3 S.F. Two Speed 230V, 3450rpm/1725rmp, 60Hz, ODP, 56J round flange with toggle swithch, no base, 7/16"

PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS IS OKAY???:scratch::crazy:

I would just cancel the order because this is way too much trouble. The B2977 is not a 1 HP motor and it does not have a 2.3 SF so he is giving you something else. Does the invoice have a motor part number?

Okay, then I think I am okay. I talke with him on the phone and told him that this shouldn't be so confusing when I first placed the order and that I wanted to deal with one person. He emailed me back and asked if I wanted to cancel my order. YEAH, IDIOT, AFTER ALL THIS TIME THIS AFTERNOON I WANT TO START OVER.

I think he was trying to sell you a motor he had in stock rather than the B2977.

Did you say though that your current motor is running off 115v or 230v? That makes a difference unless you just want to change the wiring too. The B2977 is a 230v motor. Just wanted to make sure you understood that.

that was my typo, it should say 1.3 sf. I couldn't upload the document so I typed what it said. ****, NOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. WHY CAN'T I JUST ASK HIM FOR THIS,

- - - Updated - - -

Motor Name:
1.5 HP B2977 Replacement Pool Motor
HP:
1.5/ .2 HP
Speed:
Dual
RPM:
3450/1725 RPM
Volts:
230 V
Amps:
8.9/3.1 amp
Service Factor:
Total HP:
1.95 HP
Frame:
56J
Stock #:
B977
Shaft:
Threaded
Overload Protector:
Auto
Dimension Letter:
C
Dimensions:
13.05 in.

yes, I said 230V... He wrote this, Our motor also EXCEEDS these requirements. After I wrote this, No, as I mentioned before, I certainly don't want to start this all over with anyone else. See below in red.

Actually, you need a THP of at least 1.86 and an amp rating of at least 7.8 amps (old motor ratings, check label). The B2977 exceeds these requirements so it will work fine with your pump. Why does he need to know this? Just get the B2977. He obviously doesn't know how to size a motor properly.

If all of the above is okay then we are okay.

I think he was trying to sell you a motor he had in stock rather than the B2977.

Did you say though that your current motor is running off 115v or 230v? That makes a difference unless you just want to change the wiring too. The B2977 is a 230v motor. Just wanted to make sure you understood that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
that was my typo, it should say 1.3 sf. I couldn't upload the document so I typed what it said. ****, NOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. WHY CAN'T I JUST ASK HIM FOR THIS,

- - - Updated - - -

Motor Name:
1.5 HP B2977 Replacement Pool Motor
HP:
1.5/ .2 HP
Speed:
Dual
RPM:
3450/1725 RPM
Volts:
230 V
Amps:
8.9/3.1 amp
Service Factor:
Total HP:
1.95 HP
Frame:
56J
Stock #:
B977
Shaft:
Threaded
Overload Protector:
Auto
Dimension Letter:
C
Dimensions:
13.05 in.

That is the correct motor.

The link is broken, but it looks like the correct information.

But does the invoice say it is a B2977?
No, they have great reviews, excellent rep with BBB, not that that matters. I have been cutting costs and saving since I moved her after the Home Invasion. It's really hard, but I got a quality motor with a toggle switch and they were very receptive to any questions I had right away and changed it out to all the spec's I requested at no additional costs. All this for only $224 with the toggle. It would have been a minimum of $360 with the toggle and shipping anywhere and that's low. Most wanted at least $270, then another $45 for the toggle and 25-35 shipping. And they only offered a 1 yr warranty. So, I feel good about it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.