Pump Cycling hi to lo

G,

Welcome to TFP... a great place to find the answers to all of your cycling questions... :shark:

I can't think of anything that would cause the pump itself to cycle between high and Low speed.

Tell us more... What controls the speed? Is there manual switch, a timer, or do you have automation of some type?

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Jim,
I have a Jandy Purelink Water Purification Power Center. It is automation. I also have a Jandy PDA connected to the Power Center. I pulled the motor, checked the resistence, the run capacitor and the bearings. Nothing wrong with any of that. Any ideas?

How often does it cycle?

What speed should the pump stay at?

Your Jandy automation have freeze protection?

Last edited:
G,

In theory, your Jandy automation, should be able to switch the pump back and forth between Hi and Lo speeds, but obviously not all the time. To do this it will use two relays.. One to drive the low speed and one to drive the high speed. These two relays should NEVER be on at the same time.

So, since both speeds are working, it appears to me that the automation is telling the relays to cycle. The key would be to understand why...

Have you done any reprogramming at all lately?

As a test, I would put the system in the Service mode and see if the pump stops.. If it does, then push the pump/filter button to start the pump and see if it runs one speed or still cycles.

Let's see if we can get one of our Jandy guys to chime in..

Thanks,

Jim R.

The Jandy uses an on/off relay and a two speed relay.

The on/off relay turns power on and off while the two speed relay switches the power to the high speed windings or the low speed windings.

Does the control indicate that the speed is changing?

I would take two voltmeters and connect them to the high and low speed power connections. You will see which circuit is being powered and if it is a pump or automation problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.