Pump Cover/House Ideas

LuciGo

Aug 24, 2014
Chester, VA
We just bought this house. This pool is much smaller/cheaper/more shallow than our previous pools, and our original plan was to replace it immediately, however the round concrete paver in the picture is the opening to the septic tank! We are adding a SWG because we love salt and don't care if the pool deteriorates as we want to replace it within a few years. So, I'm looking for ideas for a pump cover/shelter for the salt control box that would only be semi-permanent and could be moved easily when we replace this pool.

A simple 4x4 post in the ground would due if you want simple. How about attaching it to the post that supplies power to the pump? the control box will need to plug into it anyway. The control box/power centers are rated for outdoor installations. No additional protection is needed unless you want to hide it.

They never put a post up, I'm assuming they plugged it into the outlet under the deck on the house. We will need to put some kind of post up for the control box.
A simple 4x4 post in the ground would due if you want simple. How about attaching it to the post that supplies power to the pump? the control box will need to plug into it anyway. The control box/power centers are rated for outdoor installations. No additional protection is needed unless you want to hide it.
ey

My neighbors use a deck storage box that opens from the top, they just cut holes in the sides for the hoses and power cables. I was considering doing the same if I can find a deal on one, if I ever get my ground leveled to do the install that is, lol.

Amazon.com : Keter Westwood Plastic Deck Storage Container Box Outdoor Patio Garden Furniture 150 Gal, Brown : Gateway
We will have to level a little bit also, and have very rocky soil so that will be fun, but I am considering the same thing, and wishing we had packed up one of the two we had back in Virginia!

2 4x4 posts in ground with fence boards across between them to mount receptacles, panels, etc. Then just put a sloped roof or typical peaked roof, on top. Will protect equipment from majority of weather but not fully enclose.

By the way, what size pool is that?

2 4x4 posts in ground with fence boards across between them to mount receptacles, panels, etc. Then just put a sloped roof or typical peaked roof, on top. Will protect equipment from majority of weather but not fully enclose.

By the way, what size pool is that?
This is a 21' round pool. Now that we are finally swimming in it, we have decided it will do. Its not the 27' we had before, but its better than nothing. I still want to at least replace the liner, and possibly get something deeper.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.