LifeTime Supporter
Aug 9, 2013
Pennsylvania
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi everyone!! Would really appreciate any help you can give... My 1.5 hp pump broke yesterday for my 18 foot above ground doughboy pool. I ran out and got a new Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5 hp pump. Connected and cannot get the pump to run without bubbles now. I have a 150lb sand filter that ran fine with my old 1.5 pump, never any bubbles. I took the unions off and added Teflon tape and same thing. I have no air release valve on my sand filter to try to help release. I am at a total loss at this point and feel like I’ll never get this fixed right. I did order new pump tubes, hoping that may help, but probably just more wasted money.

**Also, I made sure pool water was filled all the way to top line on the slimmer and no obstructions in the tubes from skimmer you pump and from filter to return.

AEEFDD26-A9B6-464A-9397-1735ACCCAC5F.jpeg

Last edited:
There is a suction side leak. Go through all the connections on the suction side. Try wrapping them with plastic wrap to see if you can find the one that is leaking. Also check the pump basket lid seal and be sure it is properly lubricated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.