Aug 30, 2019
Westchester, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey all,

Brand new to pool ownership. After a couple weeks of having a pool guy maintain the pool weekly, i started to do it on my own.

I vacuumed the pool last night, and afterwards i now hear a "graveling" type of sound coming from around the pump (I could have gotten air in it?). I saw some debris in the pump basket, so turned it off and went to open valve. Water was pumping out very fast so had to close it quickly. I have been reading online and havent really found an answer, they say to close valves but i dont have that many, just one valve really that i see.

how would i go about closing any skimmer/etc lines so i can clean the basket out?

Here is my setup Thanks!

Welcome to TFP.

Give us a wider view of your pump and plumbing around it and the rest of your equipment pad.

What type of pool is this? In ground? Above ground? Plaster? Please put details of your pool in your signature. It helps us help you better.

Sorry about that I'll have to add it!

Unground gunite about 20k gallon

Here's some other pictures. I just got home and it's not really gravel-y anymore, but just sounds like something is in the PVC pipe above the pump. There is also no air bubbles in the pump at all.

Attachments

• 15671944326231711595391619481332.jpg
    15671944326231711595391619481332.jpg
    646.1 KB · Views: 35
Turn the 3-way valve handle away from the pump suction and set the multiport valve to Closed. That should stop the water from gushing out the pump basket when you open it.
Thank you! It worked! I'm still getting this weird noise coming from multiplier I'm going to start a new thread consider this closed!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.