Pump basket full of debris

Spainver

Aug 12, 2021
Flintstone, GA
I vacuumed my pool this morning trying to use the vacuum to waste method. I removed my skimmer basket and put the filter on waste setting. I vacuumed some debris not sure how much and was hoping to bypass my sand filter. I came home and water was not circulating in my pool so I checked the pump basket and it was full of debris. I cleaned it out but I am not sure if it will get clogged again. I have never used the waste setting before nor have I ever had debris in my pump basket before have had my pool for 13 years. Any help would be appreciated:)

S,

Well, this is one of those Duh! moments... :mrgreen:

The waste option just by-passes the filter.. all the water, and the leaves, still have to go through the pump to get to the filter..

If you are going to vacuum up leaves, they need to go into a filter bag in the vacuum hose.

You should really use a leave rake to remove leaves from your pool.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks, my debris is from late opening of pool 3 days ago. Had to wait for fence guy to put fence up. I get that debris will go through but I think I should have opened the waste line valve. Either way, will there be more debris collection in the pump basket or should all of it passed through already? I have great circulation right now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.