Pump advice please

wireform

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
TFP Guide
In The Industry
Aug 15, 2017
Spring Valley, NY
Have a friend with a non automation SWCG pool that the pump is gone. It's a Pentair model # 340039 single speed 11/2 hp from 2007. I'm recommending VS as he doesn't want to replace the motor not knowing what will go next. This will be a non dealer install so which pump is recommended as far as it still having warranty for a diy install. Would like the best choice for this change out. Thanks in advance, Allan

I don't think any pump you buy online has a decent no hassle warranty for DIY installs.

I would call Inyopools and see what they have available and what warranty they give on what they sell.

Thanks to all but what hp would I be looking at since the higher hp VS pumps are more efficient at lower rpms.

A VS pump is a variable HP pump. No reason not to get the highest HP they have. Then run it at a low RPM and HP.

The Intelliflo (the part number you show is old. 011028 or more likely 011056 are current pumps) is the gold standard of VS pump. You must have it professionally installed to get the 2 year warranty. It is great when matched up to a Pentair automation system.

The Intelliflo (the part number you show is old. 011028 or more likely 011056 are current pumps) is the gold standard of VS pump. You must have it professionally installed to get the 2 year warranty. It is great when matched up to a Pentair automation system.
Thanks Marty,
Are you speaking of 2 year warranty with waterway? and do you think it would be a good choice? and how does it match up noise wise compared to the pentair.

The Pentair Intelliflo must be professionally installed to get at 2 year warranty. The Waterway has a 2 year warranty with DIY install.

I have no first hand experience with the Waterway pumps. I suspect they are quiet at low rpm and will work fine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.