:PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Volunteers Wanted.

Arizonarob

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
TFP Guide
Mar 25, 2018
Chandler Arizona
On a never ending quest to stop people from receiving bogus pool store advice, I’ve come up with a simple solution to drive people to this site to receive proper pool care knowledge.
It will require volunteers in every state to stand in close proximity to their local pool store, and do the following...

Not to worry, TFP signs with the web address will be supplied by @Leebo as well as TFP T-shirts to all volunteers. I myself will handle the Leslie’s close by me, (I’m banned from there anyways. See Here for further info.) and will also cover others during shift breaks.
Together we can put a major dent in misinformation and unnecessary product sales, and change the perception that pool care is difficult.
Now who’s with me???

@Arizonarob - you’ve got some mad sign spinning skills !!! That’s a great video of your moves....

Thankfully TFP Site rules bar you from posting your personal nude sign-spinning workout videos....we can all be sparred that horrifying imagery....

• Haha
Reactions: Arizonarob
Ya know, there’s plenty of times I could give people advice to use TFP but I don’t. Just this morning I was looking at a post on the NextDoor app (kind of like a local forum for community associations) and someone was asking for a recommendation for a weekly pool service that, specifically, “keeps a pool from turning green or getting algae.” There were a dozen different recommendations and one service that I know the owner of (our kids go to school together). I’m sure it’s a frustrated pool owner who just wants a swimmable pool....

BUUUUUUT....they’re just not there yet. They’re not yet at that point of frustration where they realize that a “pool service” is NOT the answer. They haven’t yet been beat-down enough (or bankrupted enough) to come to the conclusion that the big bucket of water in THEIR yard is THEIR responsibility. They want someone else to make it all better. So that’s a recipe for green pools and a lighter wallet.

So the sign thing is cute but, all those people still streaming into LPS with their bottles of pool water just don’t get it. And no amount of sign flipping is going to convince them. They will only learn like my youngest son does - the hard way. Once they’re beaten down enough and can no longer afford to drop hundreds of dollars per week on their pool, then they’ll get it. But not before then....

Last edited:
Too true, Matt! Just yesterday, the neighbor behind me asked who I used for a pool service... I replied, "me"... suggested troublefreepools but he got this glazed over look in his eyes. Once a week dumping a bunch of chemicals doesn't keep your pool sparkling and "un-green" but most people are too darn lazy to take a few minutes daily to maintain their pools properly. Why do they even have them?

I’m beginning to see why your career as a motivational speaker never got off the ground.

Just so ya know, you shamed me into replying to a person on the NextDoor sure that wanted a recommendation for a handyman to install a new pump motor, single speed. Turns out his motor kept overheating and then finally died and just tripped the breaker....it’s a brand new 3 year old pump. The “pool company” told him they could sell him a single speed motor but were not legally allowed to install it because of the phase out of single speed motors. They would be happy to install a new VSP for “several thousand dollars” but he didn’t want to spend that money.

I posted that VSPs are very much worth it and that even a 2-speed motor replacement would be a big savings. The OP shot me down, said the rebate wasn’t worth it ($100 from TEP) and that he just wants a handyman recommendation. The entire story from the “pool company” is totally suspect as are their prices but I’m not even going to go there....the guy clearly just wants to keep on with what he’s got. So he’ll burn out another motor (because motors just don’t die, there’s an extenuating circumstance that they’re not telling him) and I guess buy a new one.

See....the guy just has to keep on taking a beating.....seems to prefer that to actually figuring out what’s wrong.....

On your journey towards self enlightenment, you’ll find yourself having to admit you have a problem. With you reaching out to lend a helping hand, you have accomplished the first step. Now it is up to you to continue your journey towards being a better motivational person.

P.S Loose the “nosy nextdoor neighbor” app. I tried that thing here, and it was just a bunch of people whining about their neighbors, and looking for free stuff. :pth:

• Haha
Reactions: JoyfulNoise
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.