TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
@Strawberryshortcake got me posting and it dawned on me that many places seeing extreme cold and/or storms for the first time may not know this :

All of your local utilities have high priority lists for service outages. They cover disabilities, elderlies and a slew of other medical conditions like people who need oxygen or a phone line to monitor their pacemaker. But you / your parents/ loved ones need to be on this list *before* you call. Call your utility providers and ask to be put on the list. They all have a different name for it but will know what you are talking about. They usually want some sort of proof if it’s medical and a simple Email or Fax from your Dr will be plenty.

Once you are on the list you are repaired sooner than you would have been. Of course if there is widespread damage you may still wait, but as soon as they move onto the smaller issues, you’ll be in the first group of those service calls.

Reactions: Leebo
Yeah, they do that too for our normal bad weather events like hurricanes or if they ever need to do rolling blackouts. You put me on the VIP list, right?

Reactions: Newdude
I meet so many customers who would have qualified........ after they waited unnecessarily.
you know the drill JJ, call 1800-pressoneforenglish and listen to the fine Muzak until somebody answers.

Another item, BUY TOILET PAPER!

While I suspect many have learned from Covid to buy TP this is a friendly reminder to those who may have forgot. For those living in areas where ice is expected there’s a good possibility you’re not gonna want to leave if the weather is bad. Just look at the accident in Dallas yesterday as an example. Have a few extra rolls of TP on hand, just in case.

Also, be mindful of your environment, especially when working around the pool. It would be very easy to go outside at night to peak at the pump and miss that patch of ice that had formed on your deck. Watch for shiny spots on the ground and avoid them if you see any.

Stay safe! Don’t risk safety over your pool. We can easily help you repair a broken pipe.

Reactions: Newdude
For those living in areas where ice is expected there’s a good possibility you’re not gonna want to leave if the weather is bad.
Or the storm is bad enough you will NEED said toilet paper. One time I stayed behind in a hurricane in case the house needed something. When the oak trees started dropping like dominos, well, let's just say that some extra TP was used that day.

Another item, BUY TOILET PAPER!
Got that covered! :) We have always had a decent stash of the stuff since my Dad would always buy it when it was on sale. When he passed away, it was part of my inheritance. It was enough to TP half of Disney World. When things got REAL crazy (almost a year ago!?!?) I bought a case of the commercial Scott TP and every time I go to Costco, I get another big pack. So, we have A LOT of TP! Dad would be proud! ;)

And good point on the ice. Back when we had our terrible ice storm in October, our cattle dog ran outside and busted his arse and actually tore his CCL (like our ACL). After a surgery that set us back $3,000 and 3 months of trying to control a very rambunctious dog, I am happy to report he is back to normal. But, ice is NO JOKE.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.