Proud newbie!!!!

Apr 7, 2010
Jasper, Alabama
Bought a new home and pool in November and I opened the pool in April. At first I was terrified to begin but with the help of this forum so far so good. :party:

Thanks to everyone!!! :cheers: :wave: :cheers:

Attachments

• Crystal Clear.jpg
    Crystal Clear.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 326
  • Mr. Shark.jpg
    Mr. Shark.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 328
Very nice looking!

I have a question on your deck for you as mine is very similar. How much distance is between the deck and top rail? Are you able to put a cover over it? I see you're in Alabama so it might be be a huge deal for you.

rebl68 said:
Very nice looking!

I have a question on your deck for you as mine is very similar. How much distance is between the deck and top rail? Are you able to put a cover over it? I see you're in Alabama so it might be be a huge deal for you.

Very nice. I am doing a deck here in the next couple of weeks. I had planned on running the deck under the top rail to help support it when anyone steps on it. I had planned to install clips on the deck itself for a winter cover. Just wondering if this is a good idea or should I go level with the rail and leave a gap?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
rebl68 said:
Very nice looking!

Thanks, it's been much easier than I thought... As far as the deck, there's a gap about 1" between the deck and the top railing. Works great for the cover and most people's feet are half way on the deck and half on the top rail so there seems to be no problem from the weight, so far. I bought the house from my cousin and it's been this way for about 8 years.

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments!!!!!
:goodjob:

waste said:
You've done an excellent job, judging by the pics! :goodjob:

Just watch out for that shark :lol:

Thanks but it's really been easy!!!! Yea, the shark can sneak up on ya expecially when ur half asleep on a float... lolol... My seven year old son picked him out and named him Rex... I wanted to name him Jaws but it was his choice... I have to say that my tabs last longer using him rather than the skimmer...

Yea I noticed with the old intex pool that the tabs lasted longer in the floater than the skimmer. The problem that I found with the floater in that pool was the tabs really did not release enough chlorine from the floater where as the skimmer sucked it down quicker in my opinion. Anyhow...I did not have near the circulation that you have with your pool...and I soon will have with my new pool! Congrats....and that shark does look hungry... :lol:

docthebiker said:
Yea I noticed with the old intex pool that the tabs lasted longer in the floater than the skimmer. The problem that I found with the floater in that pool was the tabs really did not release enough chlorine from the floater where as the skimmer sucked it down quicker in my opinion. Anyhow...I did not have near the circulation that you have with your pool...and I soon will have with my new pool! Congrats....and that shark does look hungry... :lol:

Yea, my current is pretty strong so for these pics I turned of the filter for a moment. Congrats and happy swimming on ur new pool !!!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.