Pros or cons of SWGs

Davegvg

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 30, 2008
Well why don't you post up the numbers from your full water? I'd be surprised if it's as bad as you are thinking.

Ill run a full panel when I get back in town.

I babysit 40 year olds globally for my day job (VP sales at medium sized company) and travel often which was one reason I liked the SWG to begin with.

One interesting thing the guy with the Myron electronics said, that makes sense is that in the last 3-4 years California has switched back and forth from water supplied by the Colorado and Sierra systems, and that the Colorado system delivers much harder water than the Sierra system does.

UD

Last edited:

Davegvg

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 30, 2008
just got back from a 2 week trip - an errant plastic bag blew into the skimmer blocking it then add in a good old fashioned so cal windstorm I returned to a cloudy mess.

Got everything cleaned up last week

Off my little taylor kit

Chl 3.0
PH7.5
TA 80ppm
CYA 20

my little kit doesn't have a TDS , or CH test so I went to my local mom and pop store and borrowed a hach mp6 meter and reagent test kit. (my bigger Taylor kit is still "loaned out" to a friend- grrrrrr)

CH-500 - a little high out of range.
TDS 1800 ppm (1.81)

UD

bdavis466

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
Aug 4, 2014
San Clemente, CA
just got back from a 2 week trip - an errant plastic bag blew into the skimmer blocking it then add in a good old fashioned so cal windstorm I returned to a cloudy mess.

Got everything cleaned up last week

Off my little taylor kit

Chl 3.0
PH7.5
TA 80ppm
CYA 20

my little kit doesn't have a TDS , or CH test so I went to my local mom and pop store and borrowed a hach mp6 meter and reagent test kit. (my bigger Taylor kit is still "loaned out" to a friend- grrrrrr)

CH-500 - a little high out of range.
TDS 1800 ppm (1.81)

UD

That's what comes out of the spigot?

xyz

Gold Supporter
Sep 8, 2016
Escondido/CA
My skimmer has the ability to pull water from both the skimmer AND the bottom of the pool, so if the skimmer clogs or empties, the pump can still pull water from the main drain.

Patrick_B

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2011
Midland TX
In an effort to make you feel better Dave, mine is 700 out of the well. I would consider 350 a gift if I could get it.

Davegvg

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 30, 2008
In an effort to make you feel better Dave, mine is 700 out of the well. I would consider 350 a gift if I could get it.

Yowsa brother...that reminds of the farm back in Indiana.

it can always be worse.

UD

aerangis

Jun 13, 2011
A friend of mine had his pool RO-ed. Costs about 500 bucks, and you do lose some water to the filtering process, but that might be a solution to your high Calcium problem without having to empty and fill.

I'm a littl dense. What is "RO-ed."?

needsajet

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 4, 2016
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
It's just a pool-related acronym for reverse osmosis, which is a process used to remove dissolved chemicals from water. A truck shows up and pumps your water through. The process removes things like stabilizer, calcium, etc. which can otherwise only be reduced by a partial of full drain/refill.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.