Proper water level in pump

I have the same pump.
At lower speeds a few small bubbles, and the water in the basket is always right below/at the inlet at lower speeds.
Anything over 2000 rpms the water is near the top and bubbles go away

VS pumps build air bubbles as they run slower than top speeds. If I ran mine 24/7 I would have same issue.

Jimmy,

Really??? Maybe I should tell my three IntelliFlo pumps that all run 24/7 that... Because none of them have that problem... They all have a few bubbles, which I agree is normal, but the size of the bubbles do not increase over time. My pumps never shut off except when I clean the filters or have some other maintenance to do, so I'd say as on average they only go through the prime cycle about once every three or four months at the most. Yet the bubbles at 1200 RPM stay the same size... :scratch:

In my mind, if the bubbles get bigger you have a suction side air leak..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I called the pool store and he said maybe there is a restriction in one of the return lines? I guess this would mean less water getting to pump causing the problem? Anyways im going to pick up a fitting from him to connect my compressor and try to blow it out. He has no one available untill Monday.

Shane,

I suspect they said you might have a restriction in one of your suction lines, as the "Return Lines" send water back to the pool..

Show us a couple of pics of your equipment pad showing any valves that control the water going into your new pump..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: shaneymack
Shane,

I suspect they said you might have a restriction in one of your suction lines, as the "Return Lines" send water back to the pool..

Show us a couple of pics of your equipment pad showing any valves that control the water going into your new pump..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Hi Jim,
Thanks for the clarification, I misquoted them.

Here are a few pics of the system. Let me know if there are more specific pictures I should take.
20190712_153741.jpg20190712_153754.jpg20190712_153720.jpg20190712_153729.jpg

Shane,

Thanks for the pics...

I assume that the valve in front of the pump, selects either the Main Drain or the Skimmer.. As a test, I suggest that you run all Skimmer and zero main drain for a few days and see if the water in the pump basket still goes down...

The actual level at any RPM, may be related to the specific model pump you have, but I don't beleive that it should go down over time.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: shaneymack
Shane,

Thanks for the pics...

I assume that the valve in front of the pump, selects either the Main Drain or the Skimmer.. As a test, I suggest that you run all Skimmer and zero main drain for a few days and see if the water in the pump basket still goes down...

The actual level at any RPM, may be related to the specific model pump you have, but I don't beleive that it should go down over time.

Thanks,

Jim R.
You assume correctly. I will go switch it over to skimmer and report back. Thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.