Programming Speeds

251LCT

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Mar 4, 2020
Newnan, GA
I'm about to pull my hair out. :) I installed a VSF this spring that is controlled by my easytouch 8 and. I also have screenlogic. I'm trying to program the pump to run at 2000 rpm in the morning and scale back to 1500 rpm at 2 pm when the power rates increase. I have searched for hours and cannot get this to work. I've tried to program an Aux circuit. When I go to set the circuit function, the only function that will turn the pump on is the spillway function. The only problem with that is it closes the pool return valve and only leaves the spa return valve open like it does when I turn the heater on. I cannot find a way to control the valve without manually flipping the switch on the valve. The only functions available otherwise on the Aux are: Floor Cleaner, Intellibrite, Magicstream, Generic, Mstr Cleaner, Light, Sam Light, Sal Light, Photon Gen, Color Wheel, and Valve. None of the other functions being assigned to the Aux Circuits will turn the pump on. What am I doing wrong? TIA

Take a look at the following set up pages.. If you want to adjust pump speed you just use Feature circuits and stay away for "Function".. Just leave it at Generic.

You can see where I named two Features circuits as Skim Low and Skim High.. I then assigned Skim Low and Skim High to the pump speed page..

The only thing to remember is to make your "Pool" speed the lowest speed you want to run.. As an example.. In pool my pump runs at 1250 RPM.. (Leave Pool on) then turn on Skim Low and the pump will increase speed to 1500.. Turn Skim Low off the the speed will go back to 1250.. Etc.. The pump will always run the faster speed.

View media item 1964

Please let me know if this does not make sense.

Jim R.

Reactions: 251LCT
Since Jim did not go there --- I will!
We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP.

We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.