Program questions for pentair vsf

Welcome to TFP.

I don't know why 4 on and 4 off is desired for heating but you can have 8 schedules in the VSF pump.

1 - 12:00 am on - 4AM off
2 - 8 am on - 12 PM off
3 - 4 PM on - 8 PM off

Gets you what you desire.

Here's what I'm trying to do . I have a heat pump on my pool and I'm trying to extend my swim time by heating the pool. I do not want to run pump constantly for the heat. I figure 4 hours on and 4 hours of thru this heating time would be a good start?

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have any form of automation on your pool? Can you fill out your signature?
Get a bubble solar cover for your pool if you wish to warm it in the spring and fall here. It really helps retain the water temperature.

Here's what I'm trying to do . I have a heat pump on my pool and I'm trying to extend my swim time by heating the pool. I do not want to run pump constantly for the heat. I figure 4 hours on and 4 hours of thru this heating time would be a good start?

I think you will do better running your pump and heater for 12 hours before and during your swim time. You will get the same BTUs of heat concentrated on when you intend to use the pool. Also your HP is most efficient at an air temperature of 80F. Running your HP at night in cooler air temperatures will have a lower efficiency.

As Marty said you should have a cover on your pool to retain the heat you are spending money generating.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.