Process for SLAM on Combo Pool Spa

WingsAA

Silver Supporter
Aug 8, 2019
Dallas, TX
Failed an OCLT (was out of town a week my "backup" forgot to add the chlorine for me) and have begun the SLAM process. Everything seems to be going well but I need to ask... is there anything different I should consider in the SLAM process since I have the spa that overflows into the pool? It's one pump that switches between pool mode or spa mode. In pool mode, one of the returns is a water spout in the spa that makes the overflow. I can also toggle "spillover" mode where I actually pull water from the pool to fill the spa and this overflow.

Just wanted to get confirmation on how others recommend proper SLAM process given my configuration.

No difference really. Since they are connected (share water), the possibility of algae mixed between the two requires the elevated FC level to be applied to both. So just make sure to adjust water pull to let that water mix and give both the pool and spa the same SLAM attention and you should be fine. Good luck with your SLAM Process.

Reactions: WingsAA
No difference really. Since they are connected (share water), the possibility of algae mixed between the two requires the elevated FC level to be applied to both. So just make sure to adjust water pull to let that water mix and give both the pool and spa the same SLAM attention and you should be fine. Good luck with your SLAM Process.

Great! Thanks for the reply.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.