problem programing pentair vs pump

jimjoli

May 8, 2019
Ventura, CA
i have a intellitouch system with a pentair vs pump running both pool and spa. i can't get the pool to turn on-spa no problem. if its in service mode or using the indoor panel - i can hear relay switch but no action at pump. i have set a start and end time for pool running , what is wrong?? thanks jim

Jim,

The relay does not have anything to do with the IntelliFlo pump. The pump is controlled by an RS-485 cable and connected to the IntelliTouch's main board.

The Automation is disconnected from the pump when in the Service mode.

For the pump to run you need to have a Speed set up for any Circuit where you want the pump to run. Then you need to schedule the Pool or Spa circuit so that the pump knows to turn on..

Do you have ScreenLogic?

When in auto (Not Service mode) does the pump's display say "Display Not Active"?

Does your salt cell have any lights when the pump is off???

Here is a quick screenshot that shows what I am trying to say...

You can see when I am in the pool mode the pump should run at 1250 RPM, if it is scheduled to be on.

Let me know the answers..

Thanks,

Jim R.

i have set speeds and times for the pool to run, salt cell is powered up and looking for water flow when pump is supposed to be running but pump is not running. it seems to not be getting the signal from board? spa will run form indoor panel or spa side switch but no pool function thanks jim

Jim,

Do you have ScreenLogic? If not, does your outside box have a small display? If not, does your remote have a small display?

If so, what does small display say?

Should be something like ...

Auto
Pool 75 degrees
Air 71 degrees
Day and time..

I suspect that your spa side remote may be bad.. Just unplug it at the IntelliTouch and see what happens.

Please tell me what the pump's display says, when the pump should be running , but it is not..

Thanks,

Jim R.

my indoor panel shows all that data, but no pump action. pump display shows "display not active" when spa is on start/stop on pump is lite. spa side is new, old one had taken out board before. board was repaired, never got the pump to run-only when spa button in house panel was pressed on. I have been running pump on a schedule with out rs485 data cable plugged in on pump. new spa side works great-no problems there thanks jim

the spa runs no problem with the cable hooked up to the pump, spa side and indoor panel will turn on pump for spa. when I push the pool button on the spa side or the indoor panel, pump will not run when cable is plugged into the pump. i'am going to look into having board looked at thanks jim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.