Pro Logic Automation Question - Overlapping timers possible?

rsquaredatx

Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Mark or Marty,

Any very quick advice on additions that worthwhile investments? For example, should I buy a T-Cell or any sensors that work well with my Hayward Pro Logic? I see mixed reviews everywhere and have no faith on my PB who bailed on me. I'm not looking for a paragraph...just an "If it was me, I'd add XXX and XXX to my setup...".

I'll go do the research on anything you suggest...just looking for suggestions about things I may not even realize that would make largest impact. (I already bought actuators for my valves, and it is so hot here I don't need solar.)

Thanks again.

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
I would install a SWCG. I believe the one compatible with your automation is the Aquapure? Confirm that. Needs to be rated for 40000 gallons minimum.

I would not waste the electricity on the UV device.

rsquaredatx

Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Thank you! This is great. Appreciate the links, reading and advice.

I'm going to order right away and get it hooked up to my ProLogic.

Should I invest in extended life one or just order the regular T-Cell-15 one on the eBay link?

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
The TCELL940 has a rated lifetime output of 725 lbs vs the T-CELL-15 at 580 lbs.

Assuming that that is accurate, it implies a value of 1.25 x more. Plus it has a 4 year warranty vs 3 years.

If the cost for the TCELL940 is less than 1.25 x the T-CELL-15, it's probably worth considering.

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Also - with a new SWCG install you need the power supply. The linked item above I think is just a replacement cell. Be aware of that.

Take care.