Prime issue after turned off the main pump while the booster was still on

Aug 18, 2018
New Orleans
My pump would prime itself instantaneously before. But now it will take several seconds to prime (and each time I opened the air relief valve). This happens after I accidentally turned off the main pump while the booster was still on. I was meant to turn off the booster, and I immediately realized the mistake and turned the booster off. So, there were only several seconds that the booster was on while the main pump was off. Is it a coincidence or it actually does cause the delay in prime? Any suggestions on solving the prime issue? Thanks.

Wan

I can't imagine how turning off the pump while the booster is running can affect the pump. If anything it will affect the booster pump as it may starve of water and run dry.

Check for suction side air leaks.

Thanks for your quick response. I had the suction side air leak and water leak before and had it fixed, so maybe turning off the pump while the booster was on made it happen again? I will check the air leak and see if I can find anything. Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.