Pressure Vacuum Breaker question


Sep 16, 2017
Houston, TX
So not sure exactly where this question falls. When the pool was built they included piping directly from the pipe attached to our hose bib to the pool underground into the pool. This allows us to directly fill the pool with a larger volume that could be done by the hose. There is a Wilkin's .75" pressure vacuum breaker attached to the pipe which is leaking. Our thought was to replace the gasket, but we can't seem to get the top off. When I called the people who built the pool for a repair, they said the gasket can't be replaced, you have to replace the whole breaker. Because of the orientation - so close to the wall with the copper pipes to the washer in the wall behind it, having to cut it out and remove it gives me concerns about whether I should be using a plumber rather than a pool guy. And Is this true - do you have to replace the whole thing or should you be able to replace the gasket?


  • vacuum breaker.jpg
    vacuum breaker.jpg
    557.8 KB · Views: 3


Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
To me, that would definitely fit under the scope of a plumber.

Don't waste your time trying to get a pool guy out there for this- it would take quite a while to get one to respond at this busy time.

Maddie :flower:
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.