Pressure Gauge Broken?

Itsjenner

Apr 28, 2019
London, ON Canada
I opened my pool today, this is our 6th pool opening, 5th doing it on my own. (The first year we moved in we had a pool company help)
Everything seemed normal during the open today except...the pressure gauge goes right to 30. (Normal for our pool is between 10-15) But when the pump is OFF the pressure gauge stays at 15 it won’t drop to 0!
FYI I did a backwash and the flow through of water back to the pool seems normal, nice pressure out of the jets etc.

Thoughts?

Are all gauges generally the same size where they connect to the filter?
For the most part they are the same, however some filters may require an adapter depending on how it was manufactured. It would help if you updated your signature and perhaps posted a pic of your current filter gauge attached.

Oh, and here's some more info as you look around ....... (HINT: Flow Meters and PSI Gauges)
Pool gauges are almost always 1/4" npt and require about three turns of teflon tape around the threads. A gauge with readings from 0-30 psi is ideal because most sand filters run about 10 to 12 psi clean so 30 psi is plenty. Even if you don't have a sand filter, the 0-30 is a pretty good scale. If you get a scale that goes too high (i.e. 0-120), it's hard to read the 25% increase.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.