Aug 21, 2021
Tampa, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hello,

First time poster and very excited to join the TFP community as a first time pool owner.

Also excited that construction is scheduled to begin (hopefully) within the next month or so, brief summary of pool details are in my signature. I'll probably start a new build thread when the time comes as I greatly appreciated the other new build threads while I was going through the pool design and builder selection process myself.

Anyways, in preparation for construction I cut down a few relatively small trees that were planted almost 2 years ago. Now just the small tree stumps (about 3 inch diameter, pictured below) remain. Is it ok for me to leave these as is or should I plan on getting these stumps grinded/removed prior to construction? 3 of these stumps, all the same size, are currently located where either the pool or paver deck will be, but I figure they'll just get dug up during excavation since they are so small?

Thanks,
Taimon

tree stump.jpg

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Hi and welcome to TFP! Let this be your "official" thread to keep the story altogether.

Stumps-since this pool will be inground I would not worry about the stumps where the POOL will go as the big toy aka diggy machine will get those out. As for any where the deck will be going I WOULD make them go away as you sure do NOT want them decaying and the ground sinking with them and causing the deck to shift.

Oswald

Jul 23, 2021
Leander, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
We had to remove 2 trees for our upcoming pool construction and the pool builders instructions were cut to less than 4' for the pool area and stump grind for any decking area. This lines up with all the advice above.

Taimon

Aug 21, 2021
Tampa, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Thank you for all your responses! I'll go ahead and grind down the tree stumps that would be under the deck.

As suggested I will make this my official thread and begin posting updates with pictures once construction begins in the next month or so. Until then here my pool specifications, at this point my PB will charge a fee for any changes I make, but still feel free to weigh in if there is anything that looks off:

Size15'x28'
Depth:3.5' - 5.5'
Pool Lights:2 LED Color Lights
Sun Shelf11'x5'6'' 42 SQFT w/ Bubbler
Interior FinishPebbleSheen Blue Granite
Skimmers1
Returns3
Automatic Overflow ProtectionYes
Spa5'6'' x 8' Raised 12''
Spa Lights1 LED Color Light
Therapy Jets6
BlowerYes
Screen EnclosureMansard, 2 screen doors, gutters
Equipment
FilterJandy DE 48SQFT
PumpJandy Variable Speed Pump
HeaterJandy NG 400K BTU Heater
Automation:Aqualink App
Returns Lines3
SanitationJandy Saltwater Generator
DeckingOyster White Buff Mega Smooth Pavers
CoppingSandstone Pavers
Waterline Tile and face of raised spaNNGB 136 Navy Blend Glass tile

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
I LOVE your design! That looks great!

Please get the model number for all of your equipment so we can make sure it is what is best for your pool.

For your screen make sure at least one of the doors is double or extra wide to help get stuff into and out of the screen. Also have a hose bib inside the screen for cleaning and adding water.

Taimon

Aug 21, 2021
Tampa, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I LOVE your design! That looks great!

Please get the model number for all of your equipment so we can make sure it is what is best for your pool.

For your screen make sure at least one of the doors is double or extra wide to help get stuff into and out of the screen. Also have a hose bib inside the screen for cleaning and adding water.

Thank you!

I’ll ask my PB about equipment models and screen doors. Luckily there is already a hose bib that will be inside the screen.

Reactions: kimkats

Taimon

Aug 21, 2021
Tampa, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Pool equipment update:
  • DE Filter: Jandy DEV48
  • SWG: Jandy AquaPure PLC1400