Preparing for Dig Day Questions

1. That should have been listed by designer and then included in the excavators quote. Did you submit subcontractor notes to each of your subs to quote off along with the plans? It would have been included in these as would say grading etc..

2. Excavator will do this. I HIGHLY recommend having them come lay it aout a couple days in advance giving you time to see if you like the placement, wnat to make any areas larger, move further from the house etc. I did all the above and made most of the changes I listed above. I also recommend having them outline the dig AND then a line inside the dig line where your pool will actually begin or actual swimmable area. Remember, they're going to put about 9" of shotcrete around the sides.

Hope that helps and good luck!

1. I have a 6' privacy fence that needs to be partially taken down for excavation. Do I need to hire someone to do that or can the excavation crew handle it?

2. Do I draw the pool outline myself prior to excavation?

Thank you :)

I had to temporarily remove my A/C condensing unit so they could get the Bobcat down the side of my house, but the excavator removed the fence - - - - but did not re-install it. That was on me.
I drew my pool outline with flour weeks before my excavation.

You should call your excavator to make sure it is/is not included in your bid if you are not sure.

1. I'm doing an O/B right now. Most bids I received included the removal of one 6' section of fence. Anything more than that was an additional charge per foot.

2. They will do this. I marked mine about a month prior myself, but I agree with QingGuy

Yes definitely have 2 lines drawn, one for waterline and one for excavation. Our PB did it and it was great to be able to see it and easy to double check for correct measurements. Also, if you have to have city inspections for the layout, it makes it go much smoother.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.