Pregnancy and Pool Start-Up

heimy25

May 26, 2020
Northern California
Hi! My wife is in her 3rd trimester of pregnancy, and we're wondering what precautions, if any, she should take with our new pool. We just finished filling it for the first time (construction just ended) and chemicals will start tomorrow.

We're obviously excited our pool is done and it is extremely hot where we are... can we jump in? From a pool material perspective, we have a pebble finish and our PB said there are no issues with us using it, it really just is a chemical question now.

I’m confused, are your questions about your pool or your wife 🤔 Your pool is fine, fill it up, chemically balance it and enjoy.

I doubt that any pool chemicals can harm your wife or her baby, but still...keep her away when adding chemicals just because.

All the chemicals will be dissolved or dissapated in 30 minutes or so.

Your wife and baby will be fine. Balance the water chemistry according to TFP recommended ranges and the water will be perfectly fine to swim in. There is nothing unsafe in balanced pool water for human beings, gestating or otherwise. And if your chemical levels were out of whack, then no one should be swimming, gestating or otherwise.

Enjoy your pool.

Reactions: BadDogPSD
Your wife and baby will be fine. Balance the water chemistry according to TFP recommended ranges and the water will be perfectly fine to swim in. There is nothing unsafe in balanced pool water for human beings, gestating or otherwise. And if your chemical levels were out of whack, then no one should be swimming, gestating or otherwise.

Enjoy your pool.
Thanks so much. It's our first pregnancy and first pool, so it's a very new time for us!

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
Thanks so much. It's our first pregnancy and first pool, so it's a very new time for us!
Enjoy the pool! Enjoy the pregnancy! Enjoy the birth! Man, it goes so fast. I can clearly remember our excitement when it was time for our first. What an amazing thing. I wish we would have moved and had a pool sooner. I was always afraid of pool maintenance. TFP helped me realize how easy it can be. Now, if only they had a TFP method for babies! No worries though, you’ll figure that out too!

Mine are 12, 9 and 7. They’re in the pool every day. Enjoy!

Reactions: heimy25
Now, if only they had a TFP method for babies! No worries though, you’ll figure that out too!
+1. Whenever we were doubting ourselves i always thought of the cavemen and women who figured it out with no ammenities / internet / people older than 30.

Also +1 for all the good things deserving congrats !!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.