Potential New Build in Austin, TX

Jul 18, 2018
Austin TX
My wife and I are in the initial research stages for our potential new pool and I stumbled across this website, which I hope to make use of plenty in the future. We are getting quotes from builders and exploring financing options so I figured I would make a new post to ask you folks whom are much more knowledgeable than I as I come across questions. We have had our first builder out and are meeting with them tomorrow to review the render and details. Based on this builder (Texas Pools & Patios) it looks like we are looking at about 65K. As we get more details I will be sure to post more questions to make sure we get the best deal and equipment possible.

In regards to financing, I am looking at a home equity loan through RBFCU. They offer a number of terms and we are looking at the 20 year term at 5%. We have 3 young children so the plan is smaller monthly minimums and we will pay off early as we get out of things like daycare payments. I would love any feedback you might have regarding the dollars and cents of building a new pool!

Thanks in advance for all the help and here is to hopefully posting project pictures in the coming months!

We got to see the first rendering from PB1. I like it a lot. It will be 27'6 by 21'6 sloping from 3.5 feet to 5 feet and 10,000 gallons. Below is the equipment they included in the cost. Would love any feedback you may have including the questions I need to be asking. Feeling a little overwhelmed so I apologize if some of these questions are silly.

325 sq. Ft cartridge system
Hayward variable speed pump 1.85
Rainbow 320 Chlorinating System
Hayward ColorLogic LED lights - 1 in pool 1 in spa (going to have them add one to the bubbler on the sunshelf)
400K BTU Heater
Polaris 280 Cleaner
Omnilogic 6
Spa will be 7' with 6 jets

Our quote also included the BaduJet II and I am really interested to hear thoughts from anyone whom has this feature.

Some major things missing such as model numbers and even a name for the filter (cartridge system) and heater.

We have had only a couple swim jet builds that I know of. The two I know of are not active on the boards at the moment :( I can't remember what brand they used sorry.

Talk to them about main drain-will there be one? You don't have to have one and with it being a "walk around pool" I think you are better off without one so there is not chance of stubbing your toes.

How many returns? skimmers?

Valves-what kind? how many?

Unions on all pieces of equipment to make it easy to repair or replace as needed.

I would talk to them about getting a SWG. Here is a link about them: Pool School - Salt Water Chlorine Generators

This should get us started!

Kim:kim:

Hey Matteroski! It seems our time table is similar and we are in the same area. I live just north of you in Georgetown. We have received quotes from: Texas Pools and Patio, Denali, Anthony and Sylvan and Cody Pools. But it's difficult to compare apples to apples because we change what we want every time we speak to a new builder.

I should probably have Texas Pools and Patio back out for another quote. At the moment I'm high contemplating an owner build, but I have a couple of people advising against it (my Wife is one of them ;-) ). Your quote actually sounds good compared to the quotes I've received. My back yard is sloped and it will require more concrete, which is why my quotes have been higher.

After reading these forums, I think I'm sold on an automated pentair system with SWCG.

You wouldn't want to forgo the PB and attempt an owner build with me would you? Safety in numbers!

We had a pool built in Austin 3 years ago. Didn’t finance, but used one of the major pool building companies. We were very pleased, and when we sold our house this year, we really got our investment back plus it sold immediately. Best of luck to you! I can’t wait to read all about your new pool build![emoji3]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.