Moderator Emeritus
Aug 10, 2012
FL panhandle

Dirk

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Nov 12, 2017
Central California
Off topic? I like the idea of the shade not having a pole running through the middle of it, but I have some wind issues here so I used a shade sail instead. Nothing on the deck, everything overhead, completely wind-proof. I happened to have the three anchor points it needed...

From this company:

https://shadesails.com

steve1staf

Bronze Supporter
May 29, 2017
Boston, MA
Last edited:

scottsams

Bronze Supporter
May 28, 2016
Arlington, TX
We went with the 13’ from Treasure Garden in Pacific Blue, it’s huge and awesome.
https://www.patioliving.com/treasure-garden-13-feet-and-up-patio-umbrellas-shade-exakz13

Salty
I have this one and it is awesome. Got it used for like half price and it was in excellent condition. This year the cord got hung up in a storm and had to cut it to keep my house from blowing away (lol). It was a real pain replacing it once I found the parts online. Not a one man job...

Arizonarob

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
TFP Guide
Mar 25, 2018
Chandler Arizona
Pooldv, is that umbrella next to the pool sitting in a stand I can’t see in the pic, or did you sleeve the ground an install it directly?
If directly, how did you go about it?

I like the way that looks and gives me some ideas for my yard. Thanks.

~Rob

Jamison04

Jun 21, 2011
Tecumseh, OK
Here's mine. Lowe's for $298. ? Love that it already has the build in lights. And since it's on the deck in a corner, I don't even use the weighted base. The umbrella post is bolted directly to reinforced joists under the area where it mounts.

sixfive34

Silver Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Got this from AtHome for 79$. Quality is decent but great for price. At 10% or less of the high end models, this has lasted 3 years and we figured on replacing every few years at a fraction of expensive models. Looks like same one coachhim posted. I don't like the base and rigged the bucket with 180lbs of concrete and the base screwed into that. This allows us to move it and it's not a tripping hazard.
20180529_193813.jpg

Arizonarob

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
TFP Guide
Mar 25, 2018
Chandler Arizona
Thankya!

Here's what's happening with the base.

View attachment 78908

View attachment 78909
Ahhhh, a little tom-foolery going on. ;)

From the other pictures, it looks like the pole is coming straight out of the ground.

I’d like to find a cantilever umbrella that will fit in the standard umbrella sleeves we already have. I have 2 sleeves that are for the volleyball net that would be perfect for umbrellas out over the pool.