Post-Flooding

May 21, 2015
Piedmont, Ok
I am in the same boat. We just got the pool clear from slamming. we got 5 inches of rain. My son and I were heartbroken when we saw the pool. We have been working hard on it. I will try to floc it this weekend. We will also do lots of backwash and vacuuming. 20190521_143645.jpg

Welcome to TFP! :wave: We typically advise against floc as it can cause problems with your filter. Can you update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info please? Also list which test kit you use. If you post a full set of test results with your TF-100 (or Taylor K-2006C) tets kit, we can help advise you from there. Thanks for using the forum.
Test Kits Compared
ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
SLAM Process

I only checked the chlorine and cya yesterday. I had FC 11 and 0 cc. CYA was 50. I just installed the SWG. I was hoping to add the salt this weekend. I normally add some clarifier after the slam to help clear things up. I added some yesterday. It helped a little bit. I added some liquid chlorine that should raise my FC level by 7. I also added some stabilizer.

Reactions: Texas Splash
I am in the same boat. We just got the pool clear from slamming. we got 5 inches of rain. My son and I were heartbroken when we saw the pool. We have been working hard on it. I will try to floc it this weekend. We will also do lots of backwash and vacuuming. View attachment 102509
I live in Jenks, Ok and my pool looks almost the same except my next door neighbor is putting in a pool and they have zero grass in their back yard so that 7 inches of rain washed all kinds of mud and run off directly into my pool. I've been vaccuming, brushing, filtering, Slaming, DE, Clarifier, vaccum to waste, etc and it still looks bad. I was also hoping to have a Memorial Weekend party at our house as this is the first year for the pool and noone has even got in yet..... So my wife is super ******. lol

• Sad
Reactions: HeyEng
I get it clear and then we get more rain. I am looking into get a cartridge filter. It should clear up just in time for more rain tomorrow. Yea! On the bright side, someone on FB marketplace is practically giving away a pentair clean and clear plus filter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I get it clear and then we get more rain. I am looking into get a cartridge filter. It should clear up just in time for more rain tomorrow. Yea! On the bright side, someone on FB marketplace is practically giving away a pentair clean and clear plus filter.
I don't really want to complain about the rain....but it's just been...TOO MUCH! We had another deluge on Saturday night but thankfully the area drains stayed clear and we woke up to a clean pool on Sunday morning.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.