Possible Plaster Delamination

CMorrow

Gold Supporter
Jul 18, 2018
Austin, TX
Hi, folks. Pool is about 18 months old. Approx 6 months ago, I began to see a thin white line appear along one edge of the channel drain. Over time it has stretched further out in both directions and a second similar line has appeared on the other side of the drain recently. I'm wondering if the plaster might have cracked / begun delaminating in that area.
I've been going back and forth with PB for a few months now trying to get someone to come out and take a look. I'm pushing it up to top priority now that the Spring is not too far away here in central Texas.
Any thoughts on what this might be? And how I should discuss with PB? I also attached a pdf that has some good close-ups.
Thanks, y'all.

DSCF0079.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF0079.jpg
    DSCF0079.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Possible Delamination.pdf
    4.6 MB · Views: 12
My gut says that is just where the plaster is not sticking to the drain and is no big deal. It is know of like when you paint something that has plastic around it and the paint comes off some each time you clean it or such.

Kim:kim:

Thanks, Kim. I appreciate that. Heard back from PB today so we’ll see. Will still try to get them to come out and take a look, especially since the line of white has extended since I took the photos late last summer. Thank you for the reply.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.