Possible chemistry or equipment issue

Aug 5, 2016
Wilmington/NC
So everyday for the past two weeks or so I've been battling this issue. Water is clear. FC is staying in the 8-9 range daily. Finally got some pics.

Before pump turns on for its daily
cycle

6e27013ad13a2404d909aefeeb5b03f7.jpg

After running for 3hrs

7cdf104301733aa9d87d516d8b338d77.jpg

Now I don't mind vacuuming the pool but when it's this everyday it starts to wear on me. Any ideas/opinions on weather it's a chemistry or equipment issue?

It's dead algae. The circulation of the chlorinated water is killing invisible, live algae in your pool and the "carcasses" are collecting in clumps on your floor.

You need to SLAM your pool.

Despite your FC numbers (we really need ALL your test results) algae is still algae and you need to SLAM to rid yourself of it.

I just want to say thank you for this post, this is what is happening to me exactly. I sweep the pool, the next morning the pool is full of "dirt" again, but I was passing the overnight test. Off to slam.

I just want to say thank you for this post, this is what is happening to me exactly. I sweep the pool, the next morning the pool is full of "dirt" again, but I was passing the overnight test. Off to slam.

Yeah had me stumped to. I guess deep down I knew a slam was in order but didn't want to take the time lol. Mine was pretty quick, well I hope so at least. Just ran the numbers again at 11 tonight and holding at FC23 and CC0. I've got enough to run one more test in the am but then I'm out till my restock gets here on Saturday. Might call it good so we can swim this weekend if the morning test is good and I can get the FC back down. Still need to add another 20 points to my cya so that might help on the down curve for safe swimming. Good luck to you

It is safe to swim if
Your pH is between 7.2 and 7.8
Your FC is at shock or less
You can see the bottom of the deep end.

So no real need to wait until the FC 'drops'. Go swimming!

Take care.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It is safe to swim if
Your pH is between 7.2 and 7.8
Your FC is at shock or less
You can see the bottom of the deep end.

So no real need to wait until the FC 'drops'. Go swimming!

Take care.

Thanks. Yeah if the test is good in the am just need to get the FC down below shock is all. Water is crystal clear and PH is 7.5.

Raising the CYA from 50 to its target of 70 should drop me under shock levels so I can meet all three goals and float this Father's Day [emoji51][emoji482]

Rookie mistake I didn't turn off the SWG. Ugh lost 5FC over the day. Brought me down to FC15 brought it back up to 20 tonight. Had enough for one more test. Restock comes tomorrow so I'll be able to test at will. Praying for good numbers so I can soak Sunday while the smoker is going!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.