Possible Bugs in and a couple of suggestions for the Pool Math App.

5odaw1s

Active member
May 6, 2019
31
Gainesville Georgia
Hello,

I think I have found what I think are a couple of issues with the Pool Math app.

ISSUE 1:
Last month (July) I used liquid chlorine as my pool sanitizer exclusively. Every couple of days I would check the Chemical Additions in the Free Chlorine section of the Summary page.

From July 1st thru the 5th, the chemical additions were listed as X gallons, X quarts, X cups.
From July 6th thru July 12st, the chemical additions were listed as x gallons, x quarts only.
From july 22nd thru July 31, the chemical additions only listed gallons. For example if the chemical additions showed 12 gallons and I added 56 oz of chlorine, the chemical additions would remain at 12 gallons. When I added 56 oz the next day, the chemical additions on the FC page remained at 12 gallons. if I added 56 oz the next day, then the chemical additions on the FC Summary page would change to 13 gallons. But it should have showed 13 gallons, 1 quart, 1 cup.
For the month of July I added 1800 oz of liquid chlorine to the pool. The total addition on the Summary page showed 14 gallons instead of 14 gallons, 1 cup.
The same thing is happening on the "This Year" tab of the Summary page. Only full gallons are shown.

NOTE: Started a new month today. I added 56 oz of liquid chlorine to the pool this evening and the Chemical Additions of the FC section of the This Month Summary page shows 1 quart, 2 cups, 8 ounces.
So I guess the app is working the way it's supposed to but I don't understand why. Can someone please explain this?

ISSUE 2:
There seems to be an issue with entries on the last day of months with 31 days showing up on the current month's summary page. This has happened twice.
In May, I logged a purchase under Expenses on May 31st. When I checked the Summary page for the current month, the item didn't show up in the Expenses section, but it did show up in the Expenses section under the This Year tab.
I removed the the log entry and re-entered it with the date of May 30 instead of May 31. This time the expense did show up in the Expenses section of the This Month tab and it was there under the This Year tab.
It happened again on the last day of July. I added 7.7oz of Muratic acid. After the addition I checked the Chemical Additions section of the PH section on the This Month tab on the Summary page. The addition did not show up there but it was added to the PH section under the This Year tab of the Summary page. I checked it this AM and no change. So I deleted the addition on July 31 and re-entered it as added on July 30. After changing the addition date to the 30th, it showed up in the Chemical Additions of the PH section under the This Month tab of the Summary page.
So the app does not transfer entries made on the last day of a month with 31 days to the corresponding sections under the This Month tab of the Summary Page. But it does transfer them to the This Year Tab.

I would also like to suggest a couple of additions to the app.

1. On the Maintenance new log page, could a button be added for adding water to the pool? when you slide the button to select that maintenance, another section would open up and provide a place to show how much water was added.

2. I add a product to my sand filter to aid filtration. Right now I'm putting those additions in Notes. But the Summary page doesn't have a Notes section. So if I want to see how much was added and when, I have to look back through the daily logs.

Ideally, I would like to see another button on the Maintenance log page titled something like "Charge Sand Filter". When selected, another section would open up where you could list how much was added and what product was used.
If that isn't possible, maybe you could add a Notes Section to the Summary pages.

Thanks for listening
 

5odaw1s

Active member
May 6, 2019
31
Gainesville Georgia
Update: Through the first 5 days of this month I have added 300 oz of liquid chlorine to the pool. The FC section of the This Month summary tab shows 2 Gallons, 1 Quart, 1 Cup.
It should be 2 Gallons, 1 Quart, 1 Cup, 4 Ounces.
The This Year tab is still only showing full Gallons.
Thanks