Porcelain Pavers Experience

Queencreekgn23

Dec 6, 2020
Queen Creek, AZ
I'm embarking on my first pool build for a new home in Arizona, which will be completed in May. The wife and I are going for a modern/contemporary look and feel to the yard and will likely be going with porcelain pavers (3/4in thick) for the decking and patios. Leaning towards Belgard Quartziti 2.0 - Glacier or MSI Arterra - Beton Blanco both of which have matching copings. Belgard is more $, but also has much more texture, which I like.

Anyone have any experience with porcelain that they can share? Thanks

sl7vk

Jan 6, 2021
Salt Lake City, Ut
Well no. But I'm in the same boat as you. I've got a dig date of late April and I want to go with Belgard Glocal porcelain pavers.
Very few people go with this kind of decking. I've got 1500+ sq feet of it that I want to put in so I'm kind of nervous. 3x3 or 4x4 in size. Big porcelain blocks.
Out here concrete pours crack so badly I want to avoid that. Additionally my back yard space is tight, so I want the option of removing the pavers if I have a leak. Cutting concrete seems awful.

kevreh

In The Industry
Jun 2, 2007
Annandale, VA
I'm looking at these at a solution to my cracking and settling 40 year old concrete patio. There's a number of ways to install them. Floating over stone & sand, mortared to concrete, support with plastic feet/pillars. I would want to know what approach would be used.

Whats the cost per SF, materials and labor, to have them put in?