Pop ups not working

sunbunny

Aug 30, 2020
Peoria, AZ
I have no soil in my pool, its super clean but my pop ups are not pooping up at all. This week the jacuzzi water kept draining out 1/2 way in a day, so we changed out the Spa Valve and that corrected that issue. I have a bad acelerator I need to replace that is now turned off and wonder if that is the issue. Any suggestions? My Pool Filter was cleaned in July. I've cleaed the pump and skimmer baskets & main drain Leaf Traps.

Last edited:
My pool is not working correctly. The heater will not turn on and the Pop ups will not pop up. I had a bad Spa Valve and Valve Actuator (P24) and replaced both of them. Still no luck.

The jacuzzi water kept draining down 1/2 way in a day, so my friend and I changed out the Spa Valve and that corrected that issue. I had the bad actuator replaced and wondered if that was the issue.

I checked everything that I was told could be an issue. I have no major soil in my pool, just areas where popups are not cleaning. The Waterfall & spillway both work now. Jacuzzi is full and not draining. Po ups still won’t come up and now Spa/Pool Heater won’t turn on. My Pool Filter was cleaned in July. I've cleaned the pump and skimmer baskets & main drain Leaf Traps.

On the 3-way toggle switch for the actuators, is this correct, and where should the actuator switch be for the pop ups to work at night if the pool is on Auto?

Top AUTO ON (This is where it is now)
Middle OFF
Bottom MANUAL ON

When I turn the pump on, the Jacuzzi jets go on and jacuzzi fills to top and overflows into pool. What else can I do?

My pool repair is not good so I’m trying to troubleshoot this all myself. HELP!

From your second post, it sounds like your pool/spa combo is drawing water from the pool and only returning it to the spa. Since no water is being returned to the pool (except via the spill over from the spa), the infloor isn't receiving any return water to actuate the pop-ups.

Chances are, the actuator switch on the return side needs to be switched to the opposite position. Move the switch on the actuator and test if that fixes it. It's a 3 position switch - move it from its present position, thru the center off position to the position opposite where it is now.

If that doesn't fix it, post a few pics of your equipment pad, including the suction side and return side valves.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.