Chesapeake, VA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I'm currently working on my 2nd SLAM of the year, despite ideal chemistry which is frustrating. I've noticed that all algae blooms start in the 8 foot deep end wall/floor edge. Could poor circulation be part of the problem? Would pointing the return jet in the deep end down towards the bottom edge help? Right now it points straight out as all of them do.
That's another good question - all my returns point straight out (with the pump in fast speed you can just see a bit of rippling). Should my shallow and deep end returns point down a bit? Seems like its just circulating the top surface of the pool. I also have 2 step jets which seems like overkill for the small pump area. Maybe point one of the step jets out into the pool and/or slightly throttle down on the step jets to give my shallow/deep end returns more flow? Thanks!!

Last edited:
Circulation can have some effect - but - if you are regularly brushing / vacuuming your pool it should not result in any issues.

Experiment. Adjust the returns as you state above and see if it effects skimming, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.