Franklin, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
I like the way that PoolMath keeps a running record, is convenient to use on cell phone, etc. but it seemed that the oldpool calculator handled “what if”scenarios in a manner that allowed you to see what effect adding a chemical would have on all other chemistry. To me, doing additions on paper saved hours of undoing an over addition in the pool. Am I missing this ability to foresee the consequences somewhere in the pool-math app?

In the menu you’ll see an option titled “Effects of Adding.” Can you please check that out and let me know if this was what you’re referring to? I ask as I’m simply attempting to understand d the feature you’re asking for.

Yes, Pool Math has the feature that lets you know what the effects are, but it doesn’t go as far as The Pool Calculator and tell you how much to add of another chemical to negate the addition of the first chemical. For instance, in Pool Math I can see that adding 954 oz of borax in a 27,000 gallon pool to take Bor level from 0 to 30, will raise ph 3.9,Bor 30, and TA 69 but The Pool Calculator instructs further, explaining that to offset the ph raise, I’ll need to also add 454 oz of muriatic acid. This additional feature seems to be missing in PoolMath.

Is borates the only chemical for this? I ask because you you click on the Borates tab it opens up the advice page. On this page it displays the info you mentioned.

99495 I

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.