PoolMath Question

Oct 25, 2010
Austin, TX
So with a CYA of 60, I wanted to raise my FC from 1 to 8. PoolMath said to add 29oz of cal-hypo 73%.
Then just for kicks, I set CYA to zero, and it said for that case, I would only need 9.6oz.

Is that right? I understand why you want higher FC when CYA is high, but I wouldn't think it would take any more chlorine to GET to a certain level.

I'm just looking for someone to tell me this makes sense, so I don't worry that PoolMath is wrong. If anyone also knows WHY this is the case, even better. :)

I get 9.6oz regardless of the CYA. Are you sure the first 29oz wasn’t for slam level?

Edit. I didn’t change the volume and got 9.6oz, how random, although that was for volume. The other question is what Cal-hypo, be aware that it has calcium and will raise your CH.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrampledUF
Seems to be a glitch in the app (@Leebo FYI). It works properly as long as the last value I change is the Target FC. (Android)

In any case, I added the right amount. Thanks everyone.

P.S. I know that cal-hypo raises CH, but in my experience, using cal-hypo, it takes a couple years to get too-high CH, and only a couple months of tri-chlor pucks to get too-high CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.