Poolmath - Chemistry History

KandTFromPhx

Gold Supporter
May 31, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Love the app....

One of the things I use it for is history. I.E. What was my PH today, the last time I tested it, the time before that. Also, when did I last add acid and how much, when did I have to add acid before that, etc. The same would be true for Chlorine but given I have a SWCG now, that will become less important to me over time.

When I touch the PH icon in the Overview screen it shows me how much acid to add to bring it down to a target level based on the TA. This is awesome. It would be nice if there were also a way to see PH history without having to scroll through the logs. It would also be nice to see a list of PH altering chemical additions (perhaps that would only be acid and baking soda (or is it baking powder).

Obviously I can do all of this in a spreadsheet but if PoolMath could track it, all the better!

Thanks for a GREAT app.

-Ken

Are you using the IOS version or android?
I ask because I just recently saw someone post a screen shot of their app results and it was quite different from mine. It did list the choices of chem.

Hmmmm.. a little different from mine. I'm using IOS.

Just curious if that's the diff? @Leebo ?

Maddie :flower:

This is a post from yesterday (#3) which shows an entirely different screen than mine. Do you have this screen available? I was assuming it was the android version.

Maddie :flower:

@KandTFromPhx

Let’s try this as I’m not 100% following. Click on the hamburger menu in the upper left and then click summary. Scrolling down you’ll see a brief summary of pH and other chemicals. Additionally it adds up how much of what you’ve used in the defined period of time.

@YippeeSkippy

In that post you two were on separate pages. You were looking for “Effects of adding” in the menu while they were on the “Chemical Additions” page. The two versions (iOS and droid) mostly look the same.

Nope, mostly the same. Once you’re on the chemical additions page also click the “choose chemical type” button. You’ll see the screen that is almost identical.

@KandTFromPhx

Let’s try this as I’m not 100% following. Click on the hamburger menu in the upper left and then click summary. Scrolling down you’ll see a brief summary of pH and other chemicals. Additionally it adds up how much of what you’ve used in the defined period of time.

@YippeeSkippy

In that post you two were on separate pages. You were looking for “Effects of adding” in the menu while they were on the “Chemical Additions” page. The two versions (iOS and droid) mostly look the same.

That is TOTALLY AWESOME. Now that you mention it I remember seeing the summary but at the time it didn't really have much information so it wasn't very useful. It's pretty close to what I was describing. What would get it closer would be the ability to click on the 'nn Test Logs' for a particular test and see all of the tests and additions that make up the summary.

But actually, I don't know how useful it would be now that you've shown me how to determine the High, Low, Average, and Total Addition of chemicals. For instance, my summary shows I've added 136 ounces of acid over the last 20 days = 6.8 ounces per day. You've done most of the math for me already! Thanks.

Also, thanks for replying to
@YippeeSkippy. I didn't get a chance to respond today.

Reactions: Leebo
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.