Pool With Debris on Bottom

kpbr2f

Jun 19, 2019
St. Louis, MO
I keep getting debris build up on the bottom of the pool. Here is the scenario - Pool is clean then I run the pump. After a few hours I'll start noticing some debris on the bottom. I'll clean the pool with my robot and/or my manual vac then by the next day more debris on the bottom. Here are a few pics of the debris on the bottom of the pool. Any ideas on what this could be? And what I could do about it?

Attachments

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
How are you testing your water? What was the results of the last tests?

Your water looks nice and clear! Is it in a place you could suck it up with a turkey baster? If so you can do that then squirt it out on to a white paper towel in a strainer and let it dry so we can see what it looks like dry.

Kim:kim:

kpbr2f

Jun 19, 2019
St. Louis, MO
How are you testing your water? What was the results of the last tests?

Your water looks nice and clear! Is it in a place you could suck it up with a turkey baster? If so you can do that then squirt it out on to a white paper towel in a strainer and let it dry so we can see what it looks like dry.

Kim:kim:
I'm using the TF100 kit. Last results from yesterday:
FC - 5.5
CC - .5
PH - 7.5
AK - 100
CH - 200
CYA - 40

I dont think its a chemistry problem. The debris isn't something that builds up over a few days. After cleaning it appears fairly quickly so I was thinking maybe its from the filter but I am a new pool owner and dont know much about the equipment. I'll try to get a dry sample to see what it is.

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
It's dead algae. At some point, you let your FC get too low and algae began to form (you can't see it). Then when you added chlorine and killed it, it sank to the bottom. The reason you can see it now when you couldn't before is the circulating water moves it into "dead spots" on your pool floor. Can you see how it's piled up on those ridges? You can "poof" it away with a brush but the circulating pool water will move it right back into small piles or in a depression or a ridge on your pool floor.

To rid yourself of it for good, you need to do the complete SLAM process and then maintain your pool with enough chlorine to keep it away fro good.

Reactions: tstex