Pool water temp

carnivalday

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Oct 25, 2017
Ocala, FL
So I had my solar heater on all day yesterday, and the water got up to 80. Not quite warm enough for me to enjoy my first dunk, but oh so close (did get in up to my knees). So this morning I went out and checked the water temperature to see where it was...pump not turned on yet, outside temp got to 60 overnight....and the water temp? 80 degrees. Is that possible? or is my floating thermometer wrong?

Are you surprised it didn't drop overnight? Anyway, turn on the pump for a few hours to get the water mixed for a more accurate reading. Colder water will be on the bottom of the pool.

Oh, I never thought of that. Yes, the pump will be on in a few minutes, Ill check the temp again. Im getting a little anxious for that pool water to get just a bit warmer. Im ready!

Oh, I never thought of that. Yes, the pump will be on in a few minutes, Ill check the temp again. Im getting a little anxious for that pool water to get just a bit warmer. Im ready!

Adding a solar cover (the bubble wrap) will significantly aid in reducing overnight temperature losses. It is a chore to put this on/off when you are not swimming, however.

N to the NO on pool cover. Had one, hated it. Im just surprised Im losing so little temperature now. Thats a good thing.

Ha ha yeah I'm right there with you. I suffered through mine for almost 2 weeks before throwing it in the shed never to see the light of day again.

Reactions: Newdude
You two crack me up. I lasted as long as the cover did. And of course because i disliked it like i did, it just wouldn't die and lasted 5 seasons.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.