POOL UP< NOW Install Equipment & start Chemicals HELP

Miniman

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 18, 2016
HOUSTON/ TEXAS
OK I got the hard labor done. Pool is up and half way filled with water. I guess it is time to set up equipment and start the fun.
Please let me know that my order of install is correct and that i have a clue on line order of where equipment goes.
I believe first :confused:
I have to install the Hayward SP1091LX Dyna-Skim (Scary):-(
My SWG is first in line and will be to the inlet water in pool
The Krystal Clear Sand filter will take in the water and hook to SWG?

MY Pool has the double outlets where should I cut the skimmer to be?
Can I use only 1 of the outlets for the filter pumps and use the other outlet for the Intex Auto Pool Cleaner?
When do I add my salt?
I have stopped the filling of the pool until i have the equipment ready is that a good move?
Do I need to put anything in the poo water prior to adding the salt to
Do I test my water propr to anything else being done.:confused::confused::confused:
Overwhelmed but know it will work out with a great Forum behind .
Trying to post pictures

Attachments

• IMG_1128.jpg
    IMG_1128.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1132.jpg
    IMG_1132.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1129.jpg
    IMG_1129.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1130.jpg
    IMG_1130.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1538.jpg
    IMG_1538.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 104
I will take the chemical side of things:

-Test fill water (except CYA as that has to be added) and post results here like this:
FC-
CC-
PH-
TA-
CH-
CYA-not yet

Use pool math (like in my siggy) to find out how much CYA you will need for how many gallons your pool is said to hold. Buy it but do NOT add it yet.

Find your best place to buy chlorine/bleach. You will need to get the FC up to where it needs to be THEN the SWG will take over.

Depending on the fill water results be read to by muriatic acid for the PH.

You did an awesome job! By the look of that wood pile you have a tiny :slidehalo: bit of work left to do BUT just think! You will have a nice cool pool to jump into to cool off in!

Kim:kim:

View attachment 58093View attachment 58094View attachment 58095View attachment 58096So pool is filled & sand filter running. Skimmer is
screwed in but i did not cut bc I dont know how to separate my dual port line to send to filter basket. So i will probably hard pipe but I am happy i at least got to where i am now
OK Test results are
FC- 0
CC- 0
PH- 8.2
TA- 90
CH- 200
CYA- not yet
so do i add
muriatic acid or should i just Shock it
More Pics I hope

Re: POOL UP&lt; NOW Install Equipment &amp; start Chemicals HELP

I would bring the pH down to about 7.5 with some MA. Mix it around good and if your pump isn't running yet, mix it well with a broom or boat paddle, whatever!

Then I would add enough stabilizer (CYA) to take it to 40ppm to start with (you'll raise it more later as your SWG is put online) Put the granular CYA in a sock and either hang it over the side of the pool in front of the return, or put it in to the skimmer. Just keep the pump running and squeeze that sock now and then to speed up the process. Milky white fluid will come out, its harmless. Just wash your hands after.

As soon as you get the CYA in, dose the pool with some liquid chlorine (aka plain, household bleach) to bring the FC up to 4-5ppm. Use PoolMath to help you determine how much to use. Mix well after additions.

That's just about it.... don't worry about CH. And your TA is fine. You can add your salt (with the SWG OFF!) anytime. Again, use PoolMath as a guide to how much. And read the manual for the SWG to see how much it requires (they all vary). Let the salt dissolve for a day or two before you turn the SWG on. That's why we added the bleach in the mean time to protect the water immediately.

Holler back with any more questions-

Yip :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.