Pool Timer help Please

Pinschers

Nov 21, 2022
Florida
I have a Instamatic Pool Timer Model T104. I has the usual wiring. When the pool motor wouldn't turn on a few years ago I was given directions from the local pool Guy to test the timer. His instruction were to moved wires from terminals 2 & 4 to terminals 1 & 3 respectively to test if the motor would start,. It worked, the pump came on, we replaced the timer and all was well.
Now 3 years later, the pool pump won't start again so I want to repeat the test. My question is do I remove the wires from terminals 1 & 3 before connecting 2 &4 or just add them to the 1 & 3 wires, I would ask the pool guy but hes no longer around. And sadly I didn't note it when I got the instructions from him. Can anyone help me. Things are tight here and spending $50 or more for a callout just to see if the Pool Pump is shot it is not my first option.

Attachments

• t104-wiring-diagram.jpg
    t104-wiring-diagram.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 4
My question is do I remove the wires from terminals 1 & 3 before connecting 2 &4 or just add them to the 1 & 3 wires
Welcome to TFP!! :swim:

First...Turn Off The POWER before you do anything!!!! 1 and 3 are live to this timer.

1 and 3 must be in place...this is providing power. You remove 2&4 from 2&4, the add them to 1&3.

Turn off the breaker to the timer/pump. Test to ensure power is dead. Then yes, connect 2/4 to 1/3 (leave the wires there, those are the power (line) feeds).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.