Nazareth/PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Looks like the right stuff, about what I pay for a bag too. According to the Q&A area it comes in a box, that sounds more convenient than a bag only. I may grab this in the future, nice find.

All DE isn't the same, but at least to me, all pool use DE is. And this is cleary marked for pools, not food or bug stuff.

Well, I backwashed the old stuff thoroughly and added 6 lbs of this new stuff. The pool and attached spa turned milky cloudy within 10 minutes. :(
What the heck is up with that?

Yes, 6 pounds is correct for this filter. I have been using that amount since day 1. I will give it a couple of days to see if it clears up. Worse case I guess I will have to backwash it all out, open it up, wash the grids and then use the DE I had used prior from the pool store. I just find it odd that it did this.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I do not see how I could've gotten a hole in one of the screens. I just opened the pool on Sunday, charged it with the last 6 pounds of DE I had from the old batch. I did a lot of brushing, so over the next 2 days the filter built-up pressure ( about 6 pounds over base pressure, nothing drastic) but the water was still crystal clear. Wednesday I backwashed and then added the new DE. That is all I did then the water turned cloudy.

Well Mitchellb,....you were correct. I would not have guess that. Just a bad coincidence with the timing of changing out the original DE for the new stuff. I back washed thoroughly and recharged with the original brand that I just picked up today, did the same thing, all cloudy instantly. So I opened the filter housing and there wear sizeable tears in several of the grids. I guess it was just old and failed. Ordered another one on Amazon and it arrives Sunday.
--Thanks,
James

Well Mitchellb,....you were correct. I would not have guess that. Just a bad coincidence with the timing of changing out the original DE for the new stuff. I back washed thoroughly and recharged with the original brand that I just picked up today, did the same thing, all cloudy instantly. So I opened the filter housing and there wear sizeable tears in several of the grids. I guess it was just old and failed. Ordered another one on Amazon and it arrives Sunday.
--Thanks,
James

Glad to hear you found the problem. DE entering the pool = hole in a filter screen.

Got the new grid assy today and installed it. No more cloudy mess coming from the floor returns and wall jets. :)
I will probably buy a grid replacement kit for the old one and rebuild it as a spare.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.