Pool this year, Apache Junction (It’s a wrap)

[QUOTE="kimkats, post: 1730126, member:
What is the white "rope" across it?
[/QUOTE]

That’s hubby’s pvc pipe that takes water for the drip irrigation on the other side. We’re trying to get some colorful plants on the hill. They’re all caged up for a bit until they get bushy enough to annoy the deer. We buy deer resistant, but it’s a jungle out there. I mean a desert. ?? Here’s a close up of some of our plants on the other side. It’s really nice that we do have green and colorful plants in addition to the cactus.

CC64CE7B-10BB-4B17-BDD1-0E88F2D13E72.jpeg

[QUOTE="kimkats, How did they do keeping the waterline tile safe?
[/QUOTE]

It went really well since, no surprise, the other was so bad most popped off with a couple upward strikes of the mallet. Glad to be beyond it! ?

• Angry
Reactions: kimkats
gurrrrrrrr on sloppy work! Glad you stuck to your guns and got it removed!

LOL on the deer safe plants..........good luck with that! We thought the big shep would make the deer not come in the yard. I have a very dark pic of him standing WITH the deer one night!! :shock: 7 deer and on BIG dog all just standing around like best friends! LOVE it!

Remind him he can set up sprinklers if he wants to. I do love his outfit. Those things are AWFUL and will eat you up if allowed on your skin!! OUCH!

I think I read somewhere that you have propane. If you have a big underground tank, and have a problem with mosquitos or no seeum. Get a mosquito magnet. Each one is supposed to clear and acre, but in my house we believe in overkill. We have a 1/2 acre and two of them. They need power and a steady stream of propane. They are a huge pain if you have to replace the tanks but we have them both plumped to our underground tank and its wonderful. They pretty much handle about 95% of the bitting bugs, and here in south Florida we have a lot of those.

Reactions: kimkats
Progress this week, could definitely be swimming for Christmas. ?
We have fences
52EDF455-0A6F-4F6E-ACEC-EDB8EBDBB624.jpeg

Coping redone and sheer wall
C68BA3B7-8AD4-4DCE-979B-3B3BAEC56BC5.jpeg

FBBCF7FA-461F-4C75-A107-470914CA401D.jpeg

My pool house ? with our Polywood rockers
2D2A9716-3BEB-43A3-9C86-B9AF5027D068.jpeg

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Reactions: Arizonarob
Pool house patio fence is right at eye level....can you lower it, or remove it completely? Where is the outdoor speakers for the party?

Yep, you’re right. We plan to remove the porch railing after we get the deck in and add a step. Inside we plan to add insulation and dry wall. Next year!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
@kimkats
I saw your masterpiece, I’d fly you out. Need it done before it warms up though ?I told hubby we’re good for the DIY until we get to the tape/mud, for that, I’m paying.

Believe me it is WORTH it to pay someone to do that part! It is an kind of art really. People who have done it before knows some tricks to make life easier and it look purrfect in the end. It took me all summer to get mine done. I would do a wall or part of ceiling at a time then go have fun.

They’ve been busy! We still have work to do but it’s finally looking a lot like Christmas ?? We took the front railing off the porch and have a more open view.

D0EE8212-7B3F-4D94-A860-DA923656F4C0.jpeg

Here’s a couple more from different angles with deck done. We’re still figuring out the open areas. We love the desert and didn’t want a full yard of travertine. We’re definitely going for a fire pit area in one of the open spots.

69C3BE83-A126-40E1-AEFF-41E711AD98B6.jpeg

Lights on the tread. Cloudy and shadow doesn’t show the waterline very well, but it’s growing on us.

DA61C4C4-2A59-4E0C-9691-4245C2C58B2A.jpeg

Fire pit at the triangular end of this one

3DCD05EA-F6E0-4519-BB44-9BDB58E20050.jpeg

We’re still figuring out the open areas.

livinwell, if I may offer up a suggestion. Let them finish up all the construction, let the dust settle, then sit back and look around. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve purchased things that I thought would look/work good, only to think of something better. :cheers:

For the fire pit I would be a fire pit from Lowes that you can move if wanted. There are some VERY pretty ones!

Kim:kim:
Also consider solo stove, breeo, or any of the other "smokeless" fire pits. They will still have smoke, but they have much better circulation and will burn a lot cleaner with less smoke and less ash.

Reactions: livinwell
let the dust settle, then sit back and look around. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve purchased things that I thought would look/work good, only to think of something better. :cheers:
Great suggestion. We get so caught up in wanting the end state, you are correct that it may turn out there an end to that is something different after time to reflect and apply use. Thank you

:party:Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!

We passed our final inspection Monday, so hope to get Pebble Tec applies as soon as possible at the start of the year.

My Christmas present from 2 of my son

D82D833F-DF02-4EAD-877D-FDEB5090C288.jpeg

Reactions: Arizonarob

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.