Pool Still Green

First off, keep at it.

Second, as I look through this thread, it seems you may not be targeting AMY maintaining your target?

Your CYA is 40, so you want your FC to be at 16 all the time. (40 x 40%).

So so my suggestion is to post on this thread a picture and you FC test results every day or multiple times a day.

Also, have you done an ammonia test? If you are battling that, you are not slamming.

Finally, you will get there. Keep posting, and keep at it. This is not about winning the battle so much as giving up last.

IMG_8386.jpgmy CYA has been at about 20 for about two weeks now so I've been keeping shock and 12-15 sometimes higher occasionally. My chlorine is at 20 right now because i added an extra bottle last night but it didn't deplete like i thought it would. The CC is at 0. PH is at 7.0 but i just added borax to bring it back up. Can you better explain the ammonia thing and not slamming? I haven't tested for that. I might be hallucinating but i feel like my pool looks a little lighter green. whats your opinion?

Ignore the ammonia thing. If you held FC overnight, you don't have it.

I think the problem is that your filter is a little small for your pool. Are you certain of the size? Maybe you aren't recharging with enough DE? That will keep it from filtering. The water will take the easy path through the grids and bypass the DE.

Yes i have a 36 sq. foot. Ive been having DE come out of the third filter i have and none of the other ones for some reason so thats when i stop adding DE. What does the CC of 0 mean?
CC of zero means there are no halfway oxidized organics. It's good news.

Can you clarify what you mean by third filter? Do you mean one of the grids has a leak? If you're blowing DE back into the pool it will never ever clear up.

I'm sorry i meant return jet. I've replaced all grids and top manifold two days ago. when i add DE into the pool my deep end jet and shallow end jet don't blow out anything but theres a third jet pushing out water now. (i just recently noticed its a jet) its never really blown out water before as far as I've noticed so i was never really sure what it was. i posted a picture of it in this thread a few posts back. I added DE this morning and i noticed a white cloud coming from that jet only

Now when i put my valve on recirculate water starts coming out of my backwash hose. I checked the gasket and it looks fine . Am i supposed to do anything before putting it on recirculate? Im stumped as to why it is causing water to come out of the backwash. and it isn't a small amount of water either

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Show us pictures of the valve, and gasket. I typically replace gasses more often than necessarily to make sure these are never the issue.

Id take a guess that the DE from you recently discovered third jet may have been clogged in that jet for a long time.

when you add DE now (with the grids and manifold repaired), do you still see DE going into the pool?

Pools looking much better after adding some flocculent. If i post a picture of plumbing would anybody be able to tell me if its hooked up correctly? A pool expert hooked it up but I keep having problems with water running out of backwash on recirculate. & when i have the valve on waste but turned off water continues to come out. I read a post of someone experiencing the same problem and it ended up being plumbing hooked up wrong. my gasket was replaced last year and we didnt end up using the pool so the gasket is brand new and has no wear or tear.

I completely forgot to update but my pool went completely clear after adding floc and vacuuming to waste! The pools has been crystal clear since! As for the issue with the water running out the waste line I still haven't figured it out but I just make sure I don't leave the switch on waste unless I'm vacuuming. I plan on replacing all gaskets next year so that'll be a problem I tackle next summer since I'm closing up the pool soon. Thank you everyone for the help!

Re:  Pool Still Green

Here is a pool water clarity hack that I discovered here a few years ago on TFP that I'm sharing with everybody in need of clearing their pool. From green to cloudy blue to crystal clear. Read this post from start to end. All 5 pages. Myself and others here on TFP are helping this person clear their pool with the aid of triple filtration and SLAM procedures. Use a Duda Diesel bag at 5 micron clamped onto an elbow on your return jet, and a skimmer sock, or a fine hairnet on your skimmer basket.

I have provided the links, involving particular drop down menu selections to select and order your duda diesel bag in this post. You can order a Duda diesel bag on eBay for $5. You should be able to get your water crystal clear within 4 to 5 days filtering at 5 micron with the Duda diesel bag without having to use DE. Read this post carefully and follow my instructions carefully about pressure rise, positive and negative vacuum and pressure, and installation of the bag. You will need a Hayward return 90 deg elbow. Part number
SPX1105Z4, the duda diesel bag at 5 micron, and a hose clamp.

Any questions send it here and I will respond right away.

Help with Stubborn Cloudy Green - Page 5

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.