Pool step return jet

Hey guys, i opened up the pool and everything great until i realised im losing a ton of water. Leak was found coming from behind the return jet in my pool steps. Dye test showed water clearly running under the flange but not into the return. What can i do here? I can see the threaded opening of the return meeting the pipe but no dye escapes inside. Im pretty sure i damaged the flange when closing as the return eye didn't want to budge until the whole flange rotated. I then grabbed two pliers and held the flange still while rotating the eye free to plug it after blowing the lines. Now i realise i created the damage last fall. What are my options here??? Please advise. Im digging for pool putty to try and slow or stop it but im worried if im looking at dollar signs to fix this.....

Do not use putty, it will just crack out. You say you can see where it attaches to the pipe? There are 2 kinds of jets, can you see threads other than for the eyeball in front of the glue joint for the pipe? If so, tighten it back up, it has a rubber gasket. This can be replaced if need be, but try snugging it down first.
If not, you should drain below it and use 100% silicone caulk. Be sure to lightly sand all surfaces to ensure a good bond.

Need some pics. I'm assuming these are fiberglass stairs? If so the front seal is just a gasket theres a locking nut in back. Lower water level below that area let it dry and see if you cam tighten the faceplate back up from the front. If ita wet back there the nut will just spin

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.