Central California.
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I'm sure there are multiple threads on this subject.😀 The company installing my Pebble Tech offers a start-up package for $500. I was told I won't use my saltwater generator for a month. instead I would run it with chlorine. Seems a little intimidating if you have never done it. I need to figure out the steps and approach. If someone can walk me through this process that would be great.

Thank you.

Hey there Six, welcome to Trouble Free Pools :handwave:
I think you should ask them what that start up package for $500 covers? Its true that you won't be adding salt for a month to the pool as that is verbotten, so Liquid Chlorine is the way to go there.

You'll want to read these Trouble Free Pool articles-

Most importantly is to start off your pool ownership with the right test kit so that you learn how to manage your water which not only saves you money but extends the lifespan of your plaster finish and equipment.
I use the TF-Pro Salt kit from here --> www.tftestkits.net but others like to buy the K-2006C and the K-1766 online.
Test Kits Compared

More helpful tips --> Pool Care Basics

Don't forget to register your plaster finish once installed- just Google the brand and "register" and it should pop up. This is VERY important.

After reading those links...holler back with any questions that arise. We're all happy to help you.

Maddie 🇮🇹

Reactions: Supersix
+1. TF-pro-salt for the hands down win. It has less of the reagents that you won't use as often, in exchange for a stirring device that does most of the work for you.

You're still not filled yet, right ? Tftestkits.net is also fast and will have your kit in a couple days. We can test up your fill water and send you to the store to have what you'll need to tame it.

*also, it's only intimidating for folks that don't have the TFP army helping them. 😁

We got you

Hey there Six, welcome to Trouble Free Pools :handwave:
I think you should ask them what that start up package for $500 covers? Its true that you won't be adding salt for a month to the pool as that is verbotten, so Liquid Chlorine is the way to go there.

You'll want to read these Trouble Free Pool articles-

Most importantly is to start off your pool ownership with the right test kit so that you learn how to manage your water which not only saves you money but extends the lifespan of your plaster finish and equipment.
I use the TF-Pro Salt kit from here --> www.tftestkits.net but others like to buy the K-2006C and the K-1766 online.
Test Kits Compared

More helpful tips --> Pool Care Basics

Don't forget to register your plaster finish once installed- just Google the brand and "register" and it should pop up. This is VERY important.

After reading those links...holler back with any questions that arise. We're all happy to help you.

Maddie 🇮🇹
Not to steal the thread from the OP but I haven't heard of registering plaster before. Is this just for Pebble or is it for all plaster finishes? I have white plaster.

Reactions: Supersix
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.