Pool, Spa & Kitchen Build - Houston, Texas Excavation Date 3-23-15

All you have to do is take a peek at my pool to know how much I LOVE your pool. I have similar coping and ledger stone, and we both used glass tile. Of course, I think you guys did better on your tile - it's to die for. But we love ours, too!

The palm trees look fabulous and really go well with the lines of the pool. I know ya'll must be giddy with excitement!!! It's fabulous! And just wait for that water!!!

Don't forget to show us your filled pool pictures. Thanks so much for sharing your build!!
Suz.

Water isn't perfect yet...but its getting closer. Been a battle with very high TA, no CYA and low CH

spafilled.jpg

spaoverflowfilled.jpg

poolfilled.jpg

Re: Pool, Spa & Kitchen Build - Houston, Texas Excavation Date 3-23-15

I was concerned for a few reasons...I know travertine does not like acidic water - but if you keep the pool balanced this isn't an issue (plus the tap water here is very alkaline). The travertine is porous and could be difficult to maintain...water lines, algae, etc...but again, it can be kept in line with balanced water. So, it really comes down to just keeping a closer eye on the water I think. We will see.

they did use a sealer I noticed behind the travertine (red in color). Not sure if they do this on all waterline tile or just mine because of the type of tile

I think this is the first pool I have ever seen that has ledger stone waterline tile. Was there any concern about maintenance? I know why you picked it because it looks amazing!!! I absolutely love it.

- - - Updated - - -

wasn't registering any when I filled it up (<20). The black dot didn't even remotely disappear!

I'm at about 35 right now so I'm getting there :)

The kitchen area will be completed over the next couple months - i'll be more involved with it as I've done plenty of those.

GORGEOUS!! I'd love to see more of the kitchen area too?

Why no CYA?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Some Progress

Kitchen & Bathroom framed in

framing1.jpg

framing2.jpg

framing3.jpg

Kitchen & Bathroom Tiling (don't have pics of bathroom)

ktile1.jpg

ktile2.jpg

ktile3.jpg

Granite Counters

granite1.jpg

granite2.jpg

granite3.jpg

Tounge & Groove Ceiling, 1x6 Pine

ceiling1.jpg

ceiling2.jpg

Staining

staining1.jpg

staining2.jpg

Top Coat, in Ceiling Speakers & Light Fixtures

topcoat1.jpg

topcoat2.jpg

Need to finish the electrical, tape and float bathroom and install showers/toilets/sink fixtures.

kitchen is mostly done - still have the Stainless doors and cabinets to install

It depends on the speed of the pump. It runs 75% 9am-5pm and then 35% 5pm-8:59am.

When it is at 75% there is a bubble/trickle. Not so much at 35%, but it still flows over and lets the glass tile under sparkle.

Are you going with a variable speed system? if so you could adjust it as needed - the Hayward system goes in 5% increments. So make a margarita and turn it up to hear as much as you like ;)

Thank Erik! We were thinking along the same lines.
When the water spills over, do you get a nice trickling/banking brook soft sound or is it silent- ish?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.