Pool/Spa Combo - Spa getting little water over spillway

Apr 28, 2017
Las Vegas/NV
Hi all... long time reader, first time writer. I have a question for everyone here. I recently redid my plumbing to include solar and automation and everything is working great except before I got a lot more flow into the spa with the bypass. regular piping is 2" and spa bypass is 1" but I'm barely getting any overflow. should i increase the pipe size or put a check valve after the bypass on the pool line to build a little resistance and push more water to the spa.

Attachments

• 20170515_154631.jpg
    20170515_154631.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 30
yeah but ironically i used the same size before and got lots of flow. the question really is would a check valve on the pool return AFTER the spa bypass create enough resistance to bump up the flow to the bypass or would it be better to increase the pipe diameter of the bypass.

alrighty... forum wasn't much help but i have the solution already implemented. with the automation i just changed the spa return stop to stay open a little and cut out all the manual bypass piping. this allows me to vary the flow to the spa when in pool mode to my liking by changing the stop on the valve actuator. of course have to add a check valve in the spa return when you do this method.

Attachments

• 20170517_140333.jpg
    20170517_140333.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 17
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.